Hi! My name is Jamsheed Mistri and I am a senior at Los Altos High School in California.
I also am a 4th degree black belt in Taekwondo, and I teach Taekwondo classes at Tiger Martial Arts. I have been doing Taekwondo for 11 years and counting, and I really enjoy it!
Lead & Sponsorship Director - Los Altos Hacks III
February 2017 - Present
- Los Altos Hacks III is the third Los Altos High School hackathon, an overnight coding event where people code a project together for 24 hours.
- I lead the sponsorship team, which solicits capital from prestigious companies to fund Los Altos Hacks III. To date, the sponsorship team has raised over $20,000.
- As the lead director, I organize event logistics and make sure the event runs smoothly.
Senior Instructor - Tiger Martial Arts
December 2014 - Present
- I am a fourth degree black belt in Taekwondo and Karate, and a senior instructor at Tiger Martial Arts, teaching students ages three and above.
- My responsibilities include running classes, maintaining the school, and speaking with customers.
- I am also an official Associate Coach, Level 1 Poomsae Referee, and D-2 Kyorugi Refree under the USA Taekwondo association.
Assistant Regional Manager - CodeDay Bay Area
November 2016 - Present
- CodeDay Bay Area is the branch of CodeDay in the Silicon Valley, which runs under StudentRND. Each Codeday, more than 18,000 students across the US have started pursuing computer science after attending its programs.
- I am the Director of Logistics for CodeDay Bay Area, where I manage the day-of events, special guests, workshops, speakers, and work directly with the Regional Manager.
President - Los Altos High School Hack Club
May 2017 - Present
- I am the President of LAHS Hack Club, the prominent computer and programming club at Los Altos High School.
- My responsibilities include leading the club meeting each week, teaching club members various programming topics, maintaining the custom-built website, and making websites for other clubs as part of the get.lahs.club program.
Lead Organizer - Craftathon Charity
August 2015 - Present
- I am the lead organizer of Craftathon Charity, a Minecraft charity event that takes place each year. We invite partners, sponsors, and famous Minecraft YouTubers each year to enjoy interacting with their fans in real-time on our server, all for a good cause.
- I lead a team of developers, builders, artists, and moderators to open a custom-built in-game server, charging a certain amount of money for entrance over a 2-day period each year. All of the proceeds go directly to charity.
- In Craftathon's first annual event, we raised $6,455.23 for charity in a 2-day period.
Assistant & Intern - Wizbots
Summer 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Wizbots is a robotics summer camp that teaches young children the basics of building and programming robots.
- I attended the Wizbots camp as a participant for many summers until I earned the most prestigious rank, "Master", which only a few other people had. The next summer, at the age of 13, I was invited to intern, teaching students the basics of programming and building robots. I was invited again the next year, and was invited again for the third year in 2017 as a paid assistant.
Organizer - HSHacks III
November 2016 - April 2017
- HSHacks is one of the largest high school hackathons in the world, and takes place towards the beginning of each year in the Bay Area.
- I was a member of the organizing team for the HSHacks hackathon, helping coordinate the event’s logistics, program software for the hackathon, and solicit sponsors.
Vice President - Los Altos High School Investing Club
May 2018 - Present
- I help run weekly activities for the investing club, plan lesson curriculum, and assist the presidents of the club. Each year, we also participate in the KWHS Investment Competition for high schoolers, where we compete against other high schools across the nation. I assist in leading our team to victory.
Research Assistant - Stanford University
January 2018 - Present
- Assistant to a postdoctoral researcher studying pitfalls in data science. Currently developing the software platform required to run a study at large scale.
Swim Team - Los Altos High School
January 2016 - May 2017
- In 9th and 10th grade, I was part of the Junior Varsity swim team at Los Altos High School, attending daily practices and weekly swim meets, along with various bonding activities. Received an A grade both years.
Organizing Committee - LAHS STEM Week
April 2017 - October 2017
- I was part of the organizing committee for the annual science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) week hosted at our high school in 2017, working with a team of parents to recruit dozens of speakers to give talks throughout the week that inspire students to pursue careers in STEM. My job was to manage and develop the website and recruit sepakers to come talk throughout the week.
Trombone Player - LAHS Wind Ensemble
August 2011 - June 2018
- I started playing the trombone at the beginning of 5th grade with my school band, and continued it all the way until my senior year of high school. I was invited to play in the LAHS Symphonic Band in my freshman year, and auditioned for and was accepted to the LAHS Wind Ensemble (highest tier band) in my sophomore and junior years. I unfortunately had a scheduling conflict in my senior year and was unable to participate in band.
Achievements and Awards
Level 8 ABRSM - Piano
Best Web Application - San Mateo Hacks 2017
Best Application - CodeDay Bay Area Spring 2016
Top 10 - TinoHacks 2017
Outstanding Volunteer Award 2014 - Zarthoshti Anjuman of Northern California
Pseudo Code - pseudo-code.org
- Pseudo Code is an educational web application that I created at San Mateo Hacks 2017. Its goal is to teach anyone how to code, in English, rather than an actual programming language. It won the "Best Web Application" award at San Mateo Hacks 2017.
Somsed - somsed.solutions
TigerScore - github.com/JamsheedMistri/tigerscore
- TigerScore is an online testing form system for Tiger Martial Arts. Designed for ease of use, the app lets instructors test students easily using any smart device. It handles payments, form submissions, parent notification, and much more.
Reflect - github.com/JamsheedMistri/Reflect
- Reflect is custom built software for a "magic mirror" that I built from scratch. It shows the current news headlines, time, date, weather, and current Bitcoin prices. It can also play music and responds to voice commands.
- A demo can be found here.
PacParty - pacparty.jmistri.com
- PacParty is a web-based multiplayer spin-off of PacMan. Each player can use their device to log onto the PacParty website as a controller, and the display automatically updates depending on input from the controller. It won the "Top 10" award at TinoHacks 2017.
Igloo Rolls - igloorolls.com
- I developed the website for the famous food truck based in Seattle, Washington, called Igloo Rolls. It features a custom admin panel for the food truck owners to easily and quickly change site info, as well as different pages catered to a food truck's needs, such as a "current location" page with a live map. This was all built from scratch.
FakeMail - fakemail.site
- FakeMail is a free public prank emailer that can cause a good laugh. Using PHP, I was able to legally create an application that can send an email from anyone to anyone.
3NAME - 3name.xyz
- 3NAME is a small summer project that I created a couple of years ago. It scans for all available three-letter Minecraft usernames. It is very popular with hundreds of hits per week.
Spicy Meme Evaluator - spicy-me.me
- Spicy Meme Evaluator is a meme evaluator that rate the spiciness of an uploaded meme on a scale of 1 to 10.